Wednesday 14 January 2009

Looking for work

The most important thing going on in my life right now is the search for work. As tedious as the search may be, it is absolutely vital for me to be a contributor to society. In some way, my life almost has no purpose if I am not working. That sounds very sad, but is an aspect of my character. I like to work. I like to feel useful. I need interesting challenges in my life. You could say that looking for work is a challenge, but it doesn’t pay the bills. This is the type of thinking I have developed due to not having a regular routine. Besides, it is not possible to exist on Jobseekers Allowance. Also, I would prefer to keep what I have left of my savings pretty much intact. I am not worried about money. It just irks me having to tap into my savings, and since I may not win the lotto, even though I bought a ticket (I like to live in hope), I am in a needs must situation.

After having visited three more recruitment agencies yesterday, I have spent a good part of today updating my CV, yet again, and applying to jobs online.

I am going to venture out tomorrow to an area that I have only ever been to at night, Farringdon. (I have a job interview scheduled) It is where I dance Argentine Tango at The Crypt (and where I will be again this Saturday evening).

There are some interesting buildings in this part of town, so I will be taking my camera with me. Hopefully I will get to take some interesting photos that I can post here.


Watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. Job hunting is one of the worst things on earth. Good luck to you

    ReplyDelete